Snailphyllia

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nordy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nordy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2024
Messages
842
Reaction score
912
Location
East Wenatchee Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using a potent mix of coral foods nightly for my Tubastrea that needs it. While hitting that coral with my Turkey baster, been doing the whole tank for the most part with filtration off for an hour. Corals are doing really well with the feedings. Algae has been too. With the prolific hair algae growth, I think my Trochus snails are either in Camo to avoid the Copperband, or perhaps they are trying to imitate the Euphyllia as a warning, like take a bite and your gonna feel like you just had a lengthy dental procedure. Or it could be the snails are growing out some hair algae in response to the 80’s rock I like to play while working on the reef. Never a dull moment!

IMG_4295.jpeg IMG_4230.jpeg
 
Not sure if you are joking about the snail camo but I would fish them out and manually remove the algae on their shells

And cut back on feeding
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new