Snails and sand vacuuming

furyofthegnomes

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2017
Messages
136
Reaction score
164
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I vacuum my sand while I have nassarius snails under it, and they get tumbled upside down during the vacuuming process and then sand covers them, will they be able to climb out? Will they be able to burrow out of the sand and right themselves? Or are they stuck and pretty much dead? I vacuum my sand and I have nassarius snails and they never seems to last long, am I murdering some every time I clean my tank?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new