Snails congregate to one area

  • Thread starter Thread starter DracoKat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
2,787
Reaction score
2,514
Location
Lawnguyland, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 20 nerite snails, and I am finding them all in the upper corner of my tank. just about all of them in one spot at my overflow.

I've separated them and spread them in my tank to work on the algae.. next day they're back in the same spot.

Stupid snails.

How can I keep them from hanging in one area and get them to move around more? I don't want them to work their way into my overflow
 
Ive noticed mine do that too from time to time. They probably move at night.
 
Great link!

From it:
While any of the nerites may be active during the day, most Nerita species are more active at night. Some species congregate in clusters during the day and disperse at night to feed. The congregation behavior appears to be a means of preventing desiccation in the hot afternoon sun.
 
Great link!

From it:
While any of the nerites may be active during the day, most Nerita species are more active at night. Some species congregate in clusters during the day and disperse at night to feed. The congregation behavior appears to be a means of preventing desiccation in the hot afternoon sun.

thats what I got from it too! Makes sense to me!
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new