Snails getting wacked!

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something is killing my snails. Found two dead. Saw hermit messing around with one of the shells. Added a cleaner shrimp last week. I think two of my hermits might need larger shells. Would they go after the snails for the shell?

IMG_6416.jpeg

Damon Jensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My snails many act as in between meal snack. Unfortunately we create these ecosystems and part of it is the circle of life. I swear the most costly part of this hobby is cleaning crews

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hermits have only bothered really weak or dying snails. But I make sure they get food/pellets dropped to the bottom for them to eat.

I also like to keep extra shells in the tank. My hermits seem to like the cone shaped shells of cerith and nassarius better than astrea and trochus.

OP
OP
Faccia di Pesce

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hermits have only bothered really weak or dying snails. But I make sure they get food/pellets dropped to the bottom for them to eat.

I also like to keep extra shells in the tank. My hermits seem to like the cone shaped shells of cerith and nassarius better than astrea and trochus.
I put in some shells Trochus and Astrea and they don't go near them. Time to get some cerith or nssarius shells.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back