Snails getting wacked!

Faccia di Pesce

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2020
Messages
270
Reaction score
148
Location
Long Island, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something is killing my snails. Found two dead. Saw hermit messing around with one of the shells. Added a cleaner shrimp last week. I think two of my hermits might need larger shells. Would they go after the snails for the shell?

IMG_6416.jpeg
 
My snails many act as in between meal snack. Unfortunately we create these ecosystems and part of it is the circle of life. I swear the most costly part of this hobby is cleaning crews
 
My hermits have only bothered really weak or dying snails. But I make sure they get food/pellets dropped to the bottom for them to eat.

I also like to keep extra shells in the tank. My hermits seem to like the cone shaped shells of cerith and nassarius better than astrea and trochus.
 
My hermits have only bothered really weak or dying snails. But I make sure they get food/pellets dropped to the bottom for them to eat.

I also like to keep extra shells in the tank. My hermits seem to like the cone shaped shells of cerith and nassarius better than astrea and trochus.
I put in some shells Trochus and Astrea and they don't go near them. Time to get some cerith or nssarius shells.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new