Snails Good or Bad?

Mastiffking

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2023
Messages
99
Reaction score
68
Location
Capital Region
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I found these little critters roaming my rock work. Are they a pest or beneficial to my reef?

IMG_1419.jpeg IMG_1418.jpeg
 
I also have a ton of these that come out when the up goes off.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1421.jpeg
    IMG_1421.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1422.jpeg
    IMG_1422.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1420.jpeg
    IMG_1420.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 70
The one on the left is a Stomatella and will eat algae, they will regularly spawn in your aquarium. The one of the right looks like it might also be a Stomatella but not really sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new