Snails making loud sounds

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I keep hearing this clicking noise coming from my tank, I knows its not the Pistol Shrimp clicking because its 10x louder and it's definitely not pump related because its brand new one. I have read that Trochus and Turbo snails can move their shells and make these sounds. Any one have experience with this? :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Okay so I keep hearing this clicking noise coming from my tank, I knows its not the Pistol Shrimp clicking because its 10x louder and it's definitely not pump related because its brand new one. I have read that Trochus and Turbo snails can move their shells and make these sounds. Any one have experience with this? :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Yes, they do this when they feel stuck. Mostly it is them in the corner of the tank trying to go where their shell won’t let them, so they do this rapid “flick” which causes their shell to tap the glass.

OP
OP
AyoItsRocco

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they do this when they feel stuck. Mostly it is them in the corner of the tank trying to go where their shell won’t let them, so they do this rapid “flick” which causes their shell to tap the glass.
Thats wild cus I have 5 in my nano, which is in my room and they have been doing it every night now. Thought i was going crazy :face-with-tears-of-joy:

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats wild cus I have 5 in my nano, which is in my room and they have been doing it every night now. Thought i was going crazy :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Pay close attention to the clicks... they may be trying to communicate with you by morse code! ;)

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one specific trochus snail that agitates its shell vigorously and creates loud smacking sounds on the glass.
*likely some irritant inside its shell against the actual mollusk body but it's been doing it for about 4 months so whatever it's doing isn't working (but it's still alive)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back