Sneaky's 40B... A new beginning...

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the beginning, I was wasn't even going to use a supplementary pump in the tank, since I wanted to get it as clean as possible, but decided since I have one just laying around I thought it would just add to the "randomness" lol. I have a QuietOne 4000 return (1017 gph) with penductors that "ideally" should increase the output by 5 times (i know it won't but I am an optimistic guy lol). I can always get another mp20 or mp40w down the road and slap it on the other side.

I was actually going to get a 40 breeder from Perfecto from Fish Planet, but decided on this, dont know why when I know I dont like acrylic lol. the external overflow got me.

I hate setting up a new tank especially one that I am trying to plumb. I was bored tonight so I decided to work on the plumbing (have to wait for the BKM to come since the stand is too small to put in separately lol). I already went to Home Depot 4 times. First, was to get the parts for the Hofer Gurgle Buster, then to get the plumbing, then again because I forgot some more connections, then I realized, I'm missing the PVC cement, and now I realize I dont have 2 90 degree elbows to finish it off. I guess its another trip there tomorrow.

Buy an additional 2x pieces of each, then return the extras. its easier than running out over and over and over again!

looking good so far!

OP
OP
thomasdo87

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I wanted to use ONLY an MP20. not enough. I'll prolly get a MP40.

FNS- if you wanna keep SPS, and I saw that crazy sick list you posted(wow), i think you might wanna consider some more flow. Maybe even a sea swirl on the return would be awesome.
Are you from IL, too? If so, we should all meet up since, I would love to see your system too. IDK, if its just me, but it seems reefing just isn't too popular where I'm at and the LFS sometimes annoy depending who and where i go to lol.

Buy an additional 2x pieces of each, then return the extras. its easier than running out over and over and over again

looking good so far!

LOL! You think I would have learned that the first time since I bought 45 degree connectors instead of the 90 degree elbows and had to return them.

5DC

Aquaculture/Retailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so scared of acrylic...

You are brave! It looks so beautifull when you first set it up but I've never been able to keep scratches off.

Looks good though!

.d

OP
OP
thomasdo87

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so scared of acrylic...

You are brave! It looks so beautifull when you first set it up but I've never been able to keep scratches off.

Looks good though!

.d
LOL, I hate acrylic. I especially hate that its nearly impossible to get coraline algae off without scratching it. But since I had all the parts for a breeder, thought, OH WELL lol. Hopefully in the next 4 months, I'll have another upgrade hehe.

R

reef-nut

View Badges
Thats why I do glass only. Like has been said, if there is something on it that requires elbow grease its scratched

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you from IL, too? If so, we should all meet up since, I would love to see your system too. IDK, if its just me, but it seems reefing just isn't too popular where I'm at and the LFS sometimes annoy depending who and where i go to lol.

LOL! You think I would have learned that the first time since I bought 45 degree connectors instead of the 90 degree elbows and had to return them.

a friend of mine, (brian) has the BEST quote.

"plumbing a tank is like a jigsaw puzzle with all the peices at the hardware store"

OP
OP
thomasdo87

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats why I do glass only. Like has been said, if there is something on it that requires elbow grease its scratched
+1

"plumbing a tank is like a jigsaw puzzle with all the peices at the hardware store"
lol a million piece puzzle....fun!!!

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and Joe live about a mile from each other. There's quite a bit of us with lots of nice setups. There's also a reef club NWIMAC.org, come check us out.

JNye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

"pluming a tank is like a jigsaw puzzle with all the peices at the hardware store"

isn't it called pluming?:wink:

FNS- we should hook up when you grow those frags out:smile: I'll see you at the next CMAS swap, I usually go to all of them.

OP
OP
thomasdo87

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need to get some R2R shirts to wear at the next swap lol. you guys know around when the next one will be?

So, I finished the plumbing finally got just played with the rocks:
IMG_0499.jpg

Not actually sure if I like, but for now it will stay like that I guess.

OP
OP
thomasdo87

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0689.jpg

for the sake of the contest lol.

My current livestock is:
2 Picassos
2 Helfrichi's
2 Flame Wrasse
1 Lubbock's
2 was 3 Green Chromis

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tom, Can you resize that pic to be 800x600? looking good so far!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back