Snipers Bubblegum Mille

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's definitely in my top 5. I have a couple colonies under halides and that seems to grow and color it best. I have another large colony under a radion pro, but it rarely shows it's blue tips there. That also could be because it gets picked on heavily from some angels in that tank.

YOu can find my params here: https://boomcorals.com/pages/faq

The frag I got from you already has some great color under halide. Nice blue encrusting base.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Medium growth for me at about 200 par under Kessils. Picked this one up from Adam about 3 months ago. One of my top 5 in the tank.

EF91678D-AA89-4E4C-8CC6-2202481022A1.jpeg

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanx Quinn.
It's definitely in my top 5. I have a couple colonies under halides and that seems to grow and color it best. I have another large colony under a radion pro, but it rarely shows it's blue tips there. That also could be because it gets picked on heavily from some angels in that tank.

YOu can find my params here: https://boomcorals.com/pages/faq

yellojello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my frag for almost 2 years and practically zero growth or encrust. So weird, all my other BC frags are colonies now from the same shipment.

ygon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What par do you guys keep this at? I've had mine in low 200, now in the mid 350 but no growth. This is the only corals in my tank I can't get to grow. All advise is welcome.

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my par is 350, mid level of tank with high flow

Last edited:

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, beautiful piece. I'm sorry you lost it. Interesting I've never heard it described as deep red but you appear to be correct based on this old pic I just found from Hugo aka snipersps. I saw the pic before but it was supposedly just of a "bubblegum milli" found by some guy named hugo, so I didnt know it was one in the same until I figured out he was snipersps.

Adam's description says metallic pink and purple but his has probably morphed over the 8+ years hes had it or it's under really high par or something. I've seen many peoples blue corals look purple and vice versa. The other pic said it was snipers so maybe hes running zeo and pastelled it out? Or it's just another bubblegum like you said, the polyps look much paler but again not sure if zeospur or whatever can do that.

Thanks for posting, I'm excited to get mine.
22440154aba58e0713995321331ba05d.jpg

I believe the second pic was mine,
I was running Aquaforest, and yes, it did pastel or illuminate differently. I did not use zeospur, albeit, Aquaforest Energy has Copper Sulfate, very low concentration. I got it from a guy named Michael, in Central FL, who acquired it from either RMF or BC. Unfortunately, he bought a ton of corals online, then was maybe a bit confused on id's when I purchased the frags. I had to use whatever resources online to do my best to id, but he specifically said Snipers Bubble Gum. Anyway, it no longer exists, was backed up in a few tanks, but have not spoken to them in a couple of years. Here is a pic from my old journal :)

SSPSBGM.jpg

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this coral? Also curious if anyone is seeing this variant coming in from indo since it reopened?

I actually aquired this one from a local reefer. Frag was small, its stalled out at the moment, was also greened out. Just starting to transition, as soon as its photo worthy, I will post a picture :)

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
This might be one of the slowest for me in the tank. I had it for a few months, it has been pretty much green. I relocated it, and it seems to appreciate a bit more light and flow. Since, it is now turning blue at the tip with sweet red polyps. Here is a top down today, still just a nubby, but fingers crossed :)

20210221_173128.jpg

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. This is one of the most beautiful acros.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 114 58.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 57 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 70 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.6%
Back