Snot on my Rock?

Reef8008

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2021
Messages
29
Reaction score
11
Location
Clearwater
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this? Video attached. Looks like slime or snot. Only showing up on my rock. Is this from my snails? I have about 10 astrea snails and a couple nassarius snails.
 

Attachments

  • Rock Slime or What.mp4
    13 MB
Thanks. I researched briefly and seems I don't need to be concerned. Is there a way to control if it starts to get out of control? I don't like them much... looks like snot. Not too pretty. But I guess if they are useful.
 
Thanks. I researched briefly and seems I don't need to be concerned. Is there a way to control if it starts to get out of control? I don't like them much... looks like snot. Not too pretty. But I guess if they are useful.
You could probably manually remove them, or perhaps depending on what else is in your tank there are fish that would be happy to help out. It's tricky because many sponge eaters will also go after corals. Some angels or butterfly fish might be suitable.
 
You could probably manually remove them, or perhaps depending on what else is in your tank there are fish that would be happy to help out. It's tricky because many sponge eaters will also go after corals. Some angels or butterfly fish might be suitable.
Thanks for the info and tips.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new