Snow storm prep?

Any advice for someone without a generator? Besides the "get a generator"- I was hoping to make it through winter but this upcoming storm has me worried.

I have a water change ready to go, I think the tank will be okay without lights, mostly worried about the stagnant water.
If you do not have a generator then the next best thing is a large battery backup to run your circulation pump....
 
One question is, what powers the heat to your house? If a power outage in a snowstorm will cause your house to lose heat, then other preparations would help. Mostly getting a bunch of blankets ready to wrap the tank in, to keep the temp from dropping too much or too fast. Extra heaters on hand just in case.


I bought extra firefish and torch corals to keep my tank warm.
Love it! :lol:
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new