Snowflake Clownfish Body Discoloration

eigengrau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I hope its in the right place.

I have been taking care of my dad's saltwater aquarium and noticed this discoloration on both sides of one of the clownfish. My dad has two of these and the other one also seems to slow a similar discoloration.

Is this a bacterial infection or some type of injury? What could I do about it?
PXL_20230906_144111383.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I hope its in the right place.

I have been taking care of my dad's saltwater aquarium and noticed this discoloration on both sides of one of the clownfish. My dad has two of these and the other one also seems to slow a similar discoloration.

Is this a bacterial infection or some type of injury? What could I do about it?
PXL_20230906_144111383.jpg
Boyth clowns appear thin as they may be getting the wrong foods. The issue you see appears to be bacterial and fish will need to be treated in a separate quarantine tank with Maracyn 2 or seachem Kanaplex. It could have stemmed from injury as an onset.
How do the other fish if any look?

What foods are you offering ?

OP
OP
E

eigengrau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boyth clowns appear thin as they may be getting the wrong foods. The issue you see appears to be bacterial and fish will need to be treated in a separate quarantine tank with Maracyn 2 or seachem Kanaplex. It could have stemmed from injury as an onset.
How do the other fish if any look?

What foods are you offering ?
They are fed brine shrimp and occasionally mysis shrimp. The other fish do look a bit thin but all of them still feed and move around fine from what I can tell.

Once they're in a quarantine tank what is the next step and what should I look for?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They are fed brine shrimp and occasionally mysis shrimp. The other fish do look a bit thin but all of them still feed and move around fine from what I can tell.

Once they're in a quarantine tank what is the next step and what should I look for?
Looks for signs obviously and also changed up diet as the mysis/brine diet is acceptable but they need more. Add foods such as TDO pellets, LRS fish frenzy and small plankton. Even formula 1 flakes

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back