Snowflakes

Pale Morning1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2022
Messages
205
Reaction score
291
Location
pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just starting the planning stage for a new tank. I am looking at a 60 gallon breeder. Plan to have a good amount of rock work. I would like the primary fish to be snowflake eels. How many could I comfortably house in this size tank.
The eel is my primary concern but would like to have a few other fish. What other fish can work with the eel? Copperband butterfly and flame angel are top on my list but as I said I won’t add anything that will not work in a tank this size or with the eel.
Any advice is appreciated.
 
I am just starting the planning stage for a new tank. I am looking at a 60 gallon breeder. Plan to have a good amount of rock work. I would like the primary fish to be snowflake eels. How many could I comfortably house in this size tank.
The eel is my primary concern but would like to have a few other fish. What other fish can work with the eel? Copperband butterfly and flame angel are top on my list but as I said I won’t add anything that will not work in a tank this size or with the eel.
Any advice is appreciated.
A new system with a CBB is a no. They really need to be Atleast 4 months old.

CBBs get 5-6 inch long, a 5-6 inch long fish that is also VERY tall. IMO a tank less than 3’x2’x2’ is too small for this fish. As for with an eel, it’s possible but they cannot cope with too much stress. Flame Angel is a risk with the eel, not only due to the small size but also them being rock dwellers with an eel.
 
Thank you for the response. I am planning the stocking list for the long term. I was not planning on the CBB until tank was established. Appreciate the info.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new