Snowflakes

Pale Morning1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just starting the planning stage for a new tank. I am looking at a 60 gallon breeder. Plan to have a good amount of rock work. I would like the primary fish to be snowflake eels. How many could I comfortably house in this size tank.
The eel is my primary concern but would like to have a few other fish. What other fish can work with the eel? Copperband butterfly and flame angel are top on my list but as I said I won’t add anything that will not work in a tank this size or with the eel.
Any advice is appreciated.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just starting the planning stage for a new tank. I am looking at a 60 gallon breeder. Plan to have a good amount of rock work. I would like the primary fish to be snowflake eels. How many could I comfortably house in this size tank.
The eel is my primary concern but would like to have a few other fish. What other fish can work with the eel? Copperband butterfly and flame angel are top on my list but as I said I won’t add anything that will not work in a tank this size or with the eel.
Any advice is appreciated.
A new system with a CBB is a no. They really need to be Atleast 4 months old.

CBBs get 5-6 inch long, a 5-6 inch long fish that is also VERY tall. IMO a tank less than 3’x2’x2’ is too small for this fish. As for with an eel, it’s possible but they cannot cope with too much stress. Flame Angel is a risk with the eel, not only due to the small size but also them being rock dwellers with an eel.

OP
OP
P

Pale Morning1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the response. I am planning the stocking list for the long term. I was not planning on the CBB until tank was established. Appreciate the info.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back