So… I’m moving from my old apartment

ke1023610

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have everything planed for my 40 g aio, want to drain almost everything and move the tank with sand to my new home (note that this tank has been settle for 2-3 moths) now the problem is my lfs is closed and forgot to get water for a wc can my tank survive for a day after moving? and do I have to use new sand?

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tank, water, and sand are fairly new, I would transfer everything over. Try to find LFS that you can get maybe 10g worth of water from, just to replenish some of that “old” water with, kinda like doing a simple water change.
I just did this, however I got my new place a week before moving out of my old one, and had 2 separate tanks, and small food grade brute barrels, heaters etc…
Buy a unit or two of Chemipure elite just for caution.

OP
OP
K

ke1023610

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tank, water, and sand are fairly new, I would transfer everything over. Try to find LFS that you can get maybe 10g worth of water from, just to replenish some of that “old” water with, kinda like doing a simple water change.
I just did this, however I got my new place a week before moving out of my old one, and had 2 separate tanks, and small food grade brute barrels, heaters etc…
Buy a unit or two of Chemipure elite just for caution.
I run chemipure so I think I should be good. Do I have to acclimate my corals and fish again? Mind you the new place it’s about 5-7 mins away from my old one

Makara23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was setting up my first tank, I hadn't setup my RO/DI system yet, so I used store-bought distilled water and just added salt mix to it. This was done for 2 months and everything was fine, although I didn't have any corals yet.

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d buy a new chemipure, unless the one in your tank is 1-2 weeks old. On the acclimation part, just make sure your water is up to temperature in either container/display.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run chemipure so I think I should be good.
I would add a new one just in case stirring the tank up increases nutrients
now the problem is my lfs is closed and forgot to get water for a wc can my tank survive for a day after moving?
not sure what you meant here, is it that you cant get water for top off or threw away too much water and the tank isnt full? You should still be able to pick up distilled water for top off at any grocery store and maybe do a water change as well if you have salt

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 76 48.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back