So at the beach now and got a question???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mstanker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
No thats not it, it looks like a clam but not. I'm home now an still id like to know the name of those animals. So if you step where the tide comes up and dig you will see hundreds of them. They are all color white with either purple,yellow.

coquina clam ?
 
prolly coquina clams - little puka shells that when exposed dig back under the wet sand
 
I doubt it. Their habitat is that surf zone on the beach, which typically won't exist in an aquarium. The beach is essentially the oceans protein skimmer, so I suspect in an aquarium, they'd starve. Plus, who knows what you'd be introducing into your tank is you put them in there - Quakerstate 10W-30.....
 
Ive always called them periwinkles. You dig a jole and see a lot of them but then they go back in the sand close to the surf
 
coquina clam
image.jpg

As the water washes away they wiggle down into the sand.
Is this what your talking about. They are edible but tiny
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new