Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel your pain! I just had my 265g blow a seam and water was everywhere. How long did you wait after resealing the tank to the the silicone cure? Also your rocks should be fine in a brute for that long as long as you keep feeding the bacteria.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am truly sorry to hear about your challenges - been there. While you are trying to figure out what to do next with the reef, remember to take care of you. We're cheering for you!

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful setup. Definitely keep at it!

Like everyone said above, no problem putting rocks in a brute. I kept mine for about 8 months in my garage. Then you have it all ready to go when the tank is ready!

Fourstars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this! Have had the same issue before, one reason I never buy a used tank. The rock will do fine in a brute for a few months.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. You should be able to find a cube that would fit your stand. I wouldn't buy used again and FYI Deep Blue was bought out so anyone selling a "new" Deep Blue comes w/no warranty.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that sucks …. no two ways about it! Resealing isn't going to help a tank that has had structural seam failure; you'd have to completely rebuild it. I've not personally had issues with Deep blue tanks - always thought they were pretty well made. You can find them now as Seapora.

jtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the glass is in good shape I would take it apart, clean off all of the old silicone and reseal. A tank that size is not very difficult, just take your time. Getting it apart and cleaned is the most time consuming.

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cubes are a different animal.. if you reseal it you have to do the whole thing at once. Preferably with it rimless you do it upside down.
One thing to add. Its salt water. You'll have to pour water over the spill and suck it up with a wet dry vac. Than dry it out. If you don't the salty will always attract moisture and cause you lots of problems. Yes, wash it down heavy where the leak was with fresh water.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back