So how many of you are happy with Neptune Trident so far?

Happy with Apex Trident

• Total voters

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no, no more manual testing - although to be honest, wasn't doing much manual testing before I acquired trident. I've been very happy with it. You have to be prepared with replacement reagents - unit goes all wonky if you allow them to get right to the bottom of the bottles - but otherwise it's been exactly as advertised.

U

User1

View Badges
Those that I know who used them in the beta testing and a few post launch are very happy.

However, I'd wager your poll sample will be low because a lot of us are still waiting. Product availability is limited and it does not appear to be getting any better for whatever reason. Many stores are using waiting lists if not all. Can have one today if you want to pay the price although I suspect warranty will be null and void.

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better than I'd ever expected for me! So easy to set up. I havent had any problems with mine, whatsoever. And it has even saved me from at least one tank disaster and a few potential serious problems so its already paid for itself in my book. Im a little paranoid so my main concern would be longevity of the unit. Not that anything has stood out to me so far, but just that it has worked so well for such a new product im still waiting for the "catch."

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the poll may be skewed by those voting "unhappy" with the trident because they can't purchase one and problems with availability / have never used and not because they have had actual bad experience with it??? I assume u r wanting to know from people with actual experiences using them / own one? If so, maybe change the poll to include "I own a trident and and it suks" and "i own a trident and its great!"

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the poll may be skewed by those voting "unhappy" with the trident because they can't purchase one and problems with availability / have never used and not because they have had actual bad experience with it??? I assume u r wanting to know from people with actual experiences using them / own one? If so, maybe change the poll to include "I own a trident and and it suks" and "i own a trident and its great!"
polls are tough either way as more often than not people's first inclination when they spend their own money is to defend their purchases. regardless, happy to me means everything works as advertised, it was priced fair and replacement reagents aren't difficult to obtain.
a good example would be Triton at launch, people really liked the concept and product but all that was irrelevant once they found they couldn't buy more when they needed it.

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
polls are tough either way as more often than not people's first inclination when they spend their own money is to defend their purchases. regardless, happy to me means everything works as advertised, it was priced fair and replacement reagents aren't difficult to obtain.
a good example would be Triton at launch, people really liked the concept and product but all that was irrelevant once they found they couldn't buy more when they needed it.

Ok. Sorry i think i misread the meaning of the poll then. And i am in no way just defending the product just because i spent $$$ on it. I actually usually am the other way around when spent a bunch of money and especially with new products! More likely yo be mad and complaining!
Haha. Just giving credit where i feel its actually and very seldom due.

U

User1

View Badges
So for the few that voted no. Tell us why?

Probably because we still haven't found the magical beast.... All things serious I don't know why someone would vote no but I'd wager some may have just because we are not happy with the availability. Maybe that is reflected, maybe not.

Will be interesting to see. I've read a couple threads elsewhere that they are not getting consistent results which they believe is tied to the unit. Air being drawn in (could be trident, could be how they have it placed to draw tank water from), kinked lines, etc.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't have any personal experience, but the vast majority of the feedback I've read has been positive.

reefwreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest gripe about "inconsistency" is that when you have to have 4 tests per day of alkalinity, which one knows and expects to vary throughout the day, and then you plot it on their weekly-only graphs, with variable-range graphs, it makes a 0.1dkh swing look like an alkalinity hurricane works its way through your tank daily.

Being a numbers person and doing this kind of stuff professionally, it drives me nuts seeing these swinging datasets, even though I know that it's okay to be a swing of 0.1dkh, and the tank is fine, but it's one of those "hard to see the forest through the trees" moments. I REALLY wish you could expand the graphs to more than 1 week so you'd see longer flatter trends that would mean more for practical application.

That being said, aside from some low-reagent-related hiccups, I'm extremely happy with my Trident. I thought it would be a panacea for SPS, but I'm learning that that's not the case. But it's darn close.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love mine. Only had it two days and I’ve probably checked fusion 100 times since then

kennytze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received and set up mine May 24th and couldn't be happier. Very easy to set-up and change out reagents. Controlled Alk dosing works very well if you follow their guidelines.
Screenshot (3).png

Joshua Mummery

I Like Turtles
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had a few problems but after i fixed what should have been done its working for the last 6 hours

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love mine..it helps me keep things in check with my job working 12 hr days 7 days a week i dont have alot of time anymore
So i can log on and see where everyrhing is and if i need to make small adjustments

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Trident! I was lucky to get one on launch day and have had it installed and running flawlessly since May 10th. It has helped me to really understand the daily uptake pattern of my corals and allowed me to accurately dial in my 2-part dosing to really smooth out the daily swings. I've completely forgotten what it's like to test alk and calcium every day. I've posted a lot of detailed info about my Trident experience here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/trident-hands-on.596716/

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no when reagent bottle gets low numbers are all over the place especially calcium

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back