So I did a thing... again...

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really need to stay away from the debit card and the Diver's Den! These two jumped right in my cart and slid right down the checkout drain!
Screenshot_20200814-095227.png Screenshot_20200814-095552.png

And this one jumped in last week!
IMG_20200814_100927.jpg

I do have to admit that I am not happy with their choice of switching from UPS to FedEx. My shipments were consistently on time. 11am was the latest I ever received a package from them, and you could see that there was extra care in the handling. Not the case with my tang! She came via FedEx. The shipment was originally scheduled to be delivered by noon. At 11:30, the website no longer said that it would be by noon. It never came until 3:30 and my fish was very clearly stressed out as well as in very cold water. I acclimated her very slowly and she seems to be ok, but still isn't eating. Good thing she's nice and fat.

OP
OP
Angelwolf21203

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have figured out that they must pick and send out all of their orders in the am. And then in the pm, they post the ones coming from QT to the "sales floor", photograph them and post them at the end of the day. Seems like their website updates with new stuff somewhere around 5pm ET. So I usually get on the site at that time. That's how I got so lucky to snatch up that anthias before anyone else saw it! I'm so bad!

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They update Monday thru Friday. You can sign up to get an email in the morning telling you what will be posted that day. I prefer FedEx. UPS is super busy here, I get packages at 4 - 4:30. FedEx drops off by noon most everyday.

OP
OP
Angelwolf21203

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose it boils down to the particular driver you have, too. Some care more than others. And lord knows what the flight is like. Being loaded, unloaded, and sorted....who knows what they really go through!

PurpleMonsterSlayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry to here about stuff just jumping in your cart. And I hate ups it always takes to three days longer to receive some thing here with ups then it should. For example I can order something from Miami it will be send to Norfolk Va go to Greensboro Nc to Charlotte Nc to Greenville Sc to Nashville Tn to Atlanta Ga then back to Charlotte to be put on a truck for delivery. And seriously this is the tracking info for ever package shipped to me using ups even overnight packages. I much prefer fedex which is always 9:50-10:00 am delivery on every over night shipment

OP
OP
Angelwolf21203

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry to here about stuff just jumping in your cart. And I hate ups it always takes to three days longer to receive some thing here with ups then it should. For example I can order something from Miami it will be send to Norfolk Va go to Greensboro Nc to Charlotte Nc to Greenville Sc to Nashville Tn to Atlanta Ga then back to Charlotte to be put on a truck for delivery. And seriously this is the tracking info for ever package shipped to me using ups even overnight packages. I much prefer fedex which is always 9:50-10:00 am delivery on every over night shipment
Wow. I have seen things go in circles before, because they get routed wrong by the machines and such. But usually, I see this with the USPS system, not with UPS or FedEx. The worst system is the economy version that they call ParcelPost. The package gets taken by FedEx or UPS to a large distribution center and then entered into the USPS system where it goes through their system for another 2 days to finally make it to your home. I hate this method. It costs the same amount as if I wanted FedEx or UPS to deliver, but it takes longer and gets passed around unnecessarily which increases the chances of the package being lost, mishandled, or damaged. I know fish aren't sent this way, but I guess I kinda went off on a tangent there.

dzfish17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really need to stay away from the debit card and the Diver's Den! These two jumped right in my cart and slid right down the checkout drain!
Screenshot_20200814-095227.png Screenshot_20200814-095552.png

And this one jumped in last week!
IMG_20200814_100927.jpg

I do have to admit that I am not happy with their choice of switching from UPS to FedEx. My shipments were consistently on time. 11am was the latest I ever received a package from them, and you could see that there was extra care in the handling. Not the case with my tang! She came via FedEx. The shipment was originally scheduled to be delivered by noon. At 11:30, the website no longer said that it would be by noon. It never came until 3:30 and my fish was very clearly stressed out as well as in very cold water. I acclimated her very slowly and she seems to be ok, but still isn't eating. Good thing she's nice and fat.
Were at the end of the stops for both fedex and ups so I have the fish sent to a holding facility so I can get them early. We're also hitting 105 degrees here so having fish riding around in a hot truck all day is very risky. I usually get a text that my fish are at the facility by 8-8:30am. You may want to look into that option.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They used to use Fed-EX... Matter of fact I think Live Aquaria WI had a Fed-EX Depot in their parking lot if I remember correctly.

I do not know when they switched to UPS, probably when PetCo bought them.

I always had better luck with Fed-Ex..

Also that coral you got is a NPS coral and is beautiful but remember it needs food.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow. I have seen things go in circles before, because they get routed wrong by the machines and such. But usually, I see this with the USPS system, not with UPS or FedEx. The worst system is the economy version that they call ParcelPost. The package gets taken by FedEx or UPS to a large distribution center and then entered into the USPS system where it goes through their system for another 2 days to finally make it to your home. I hate this method. It costs the same amount as if I wanted FedEx or UPS to deliver, but it takes longer and gets passed around unnecessarily which increases the chances of the package being lost, mishandled, or damaged. I know fish aren't sent this way, but I guess I kinda went off on a tangent there.

I hate it too.. It like they put on a UPS truck and drive it all the way here and drop it off at the post office a mile away and then it is a extra 2 days.

OP
OP
Angelwolf21203

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They used to use Fed-EX... Matter of fact I think Live Aquaria WI had a Fed-EX Depot in their parking lot if I remember correctly.

I do not know when they switched to UPS, probably when PetCo bought them.

I always had better luck with Fed-Ex..

Also that coral you got is a NPS coral and is beautiful but remember it needs food.
Yup! Thanks for the reminder! I target feed my anenomes and corals twice a week with Hikari Corallific Delight. I also have live bacteria, phytoplankton, zooplankton, and add brine shrimp and pods.

OP
OP
Angelwolf21203

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.... here's what showed up to me today at 3:00 pm. Been riding around in the FedEx van since 10am

IMG_20200818_150423.jpg

There was 1 cold pack in the bottom of the styro. I think it was supposed to be under the saran wrap that was wrapped around the lid. So it was laying directly against the bags filled with water. The water inside felt pretty cold, so as soon as I opened the bags, I put my small heater into the acclimation bucket. Fish is incredibly stressed. :( I'm not too happy. Live Aquaria's packaging isn't what it used to be, and now they charge you an extra $10 for shotty packing.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So.... here's what showed up to me today at 3:00 pm. Been riding around in the FedEx van since 10am

IMG_20200818_150423.jpg

There was 1 cold pack in the bottom of the styro. I think it was supposed to be under the saran wrap that was wrapped around the lid. So it was laying directly against the bags filled with water. The water inside felt pretty cold, so as soon as I opened the bags, I put my small heater into the acclimation bucket. Fish is incredibly stressed. :( I'm not too happy. Live Aquaria's packaging isn't what it used to be, and now they charge you an extra $10 for shotty packing.

This is what happens to me almost every order that does not come from the WI facility. Ice pack is laying on the bags and the water is in the 60's.

Back