so i had no idea hydrogen peroxide kills anemones

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i just found out what was bothering my anemone and it was hydrogen peroxide and i’m wondering on what are the chances of it’s survival i’ll post pictures of the days and what it looks like through the three days that i figured out it was the hydrogen peroxide so here’s a picture of it the first night of that will be the first picture then the second picture is the second night and then the third is of tonight and i didn’t dose hydrogen peroxide tonight i just left the tank how it is and it’s still looking shriveled up and i checked all the parameters and everything is good to keep and anemone but how long will he look like that for and keep doing this for and i didn’t feed it tonight

6EE44142-C8F6-4641-9EB8-0D188B3F9496.jpeg 4FCD3A90-DDC6-42EC-A9CE-1730E6B73A0E.jpeg 8AA19944-0EF2-4D6D-8CA1-BEDD0438373D.jpeg

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I predict it will come back when irritation stops it’s not out yet

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve dosed peroxide with multiple anemones without any issue. I’d look for something else that’s bothering it.
no i think it definitely was the hydrogen peroxide because he wouldn’t do that the very first day i got him because i didn’t dose that day

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i haven’t dosed for a day but it seems like it will probably stop within the week he opens up happy every day though

DFAF1B4A-8140-4D0C-857C-E4E0750E3C7D.jpeg

If he's opening up exactly like this everyday I still think you're overthinking his nighttime behavior XD.

In fact, if my nems NEVER closed up at night, I'd be more worried. like they're not getting the signal that it's night time, helllooooo. CLOSE UP. :p

But that's just my opinion, it's not based on anything.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he's opening up exactly like this everyday I still think you're overthinking his nighttime behavior XD.

In fact, if my nems NEVER closed up at night, I'd be more worried. like they're not getting the signal that it's night time, helllooooo. CLOSE UP. :p

But that's just my opinion, it's not based on anything.
ok thanks for the help but i’m pretty sure it’s the hydrogen peroxide that did it i hope he’ll be back to the way he was when i got him

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thanks for the help but i’m pretty sure it’s the hydrogen peroxide that did it i hope he’ll be back to the way he was when i got him
Yes, if you're dosing hydrogen peroxide regardless most inverts will have some signs of stress from it.

Curious, how long have you been dosing and for what reason?

If it's for the algae that I can see in your photos, what's your tank size and CUC number?

a lot of people "under purchase" cuc's because of all the talk about "don't over purchase"

i've seen people run 10 snails and a few hermits in 75G's and wonder why they dont eat all the algae :p.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, if you're dosing hydrogen peroxide regardless most inverts will have some signs of stress from it.

Curious, how long have you been dosing and for what reason?

If it's for the algae that I can see in your photos, what's your tank size and CUC number?

a lot of people "under purchase" cuc's because of all the talk about "don't over purchase"

i've seen people run 10 snails and a few hermits in 75G's and wonder why they dont eat all the algae :p.
i was dosing it because of a few spots of hair algae to keep it at bay and my cuc consists of 4 astrea snails two turbos and three red legged hermits and i’m gonna be taking one of the turbos back because my tanks a 10 gal and the one is the size of a golf ball and the other one is smaller than my astreas and i just added the big turbo and the three astreas today oh and i forgot two tiny trochus snails

Waffen06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing peroxide for some cyano for weeks. I have bubble tips and rock nems, none of them are ever bothered by it and I dose twice a day. Now all my bubbles tips shrink down about 30 minutes before lights out till the next morning

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing peroxide for some cyano for weeks. I have bubble tips and rock nems, none of them are ever bothered by it and I dose twice a day. Now all my bubbles tips shrink down about 30 minutes before lights out till the next morning
mine dose this till three in the morning ever since i started dosing

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another little update it seems to be completely closing and i’ve been watching it for a long time not and nothing has been touching it so it’s definitely effects from the peroxide

image.jpg

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think im gonna just do updates to make me feel better because my anxiety is really bad right now about this anemone but here’s the update it’s opening up a bit now with the mouth visible but is the normal sparkly type of it’s mouth also should i try feeding it tomorrow

image.jpg

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back