Is my Anemone doing fine?

reefersf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef2Reef community. I am new to this hobby and recently bought an anemone. It was flipped upside down for several days. I have then moved it to another spot. Since then it has moved into an odd position on my rock (see attached picture). Wonder if you could tell me if it is doing fine or not?

Thanks a lot.

IMG_4511.jpeg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks ok to me. How big is that tank. Might be too small for the tang

OP
OP
reefersf

reefersf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. This is a 34 gallon Red Sea Max C130 tank. I am planning to upgrade to 250 gallons in about 6 months after my first floor remodel project is complete.

Attaching a bit better picture of the anemone. Looks like it sticks? Wonder what are some good ways to validate that it is doing well or not?

IMG_4520.jpeg
IMG_4515.jpeg IMG_4517.jpeg

Last edited:

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Heteractis crispa. They tend to attach in rocks or sometimes in the sand at the base of rocks. They prefer moderate flow and good light, and very good water conditions.

OP
OP
reefersf

reefersf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Heteractis crispa. They tend to attach in rocks or sometimes in the sand at the base of rocks. They prefer moderate flow and good light, and very good water conditions.
Thanks. I have turned it around a bit so that it looks better. Seems like it still sticks to the rock. It moved a bit to the left side of the tank that does not have too strong of a flow. I have also noticed that one of my clownfishes started to sleep in it.

IMG_4523.jpeg

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has an exposed foot, that means it hasn't attached. That tank also looks way too new to be trying to house an anemone. I would return it if I was you until you know more, and your tank is mature... Otherwise the likelihood of that anemone surviving is very low...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%

Back