OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be Red Turf Algae. Very difficult to remove by hand. Algae treatments don't seem to touch it. Grows like a thin slimy mat. Urchins are the only thing I've found that consistently eat it.
Looks like this when growing out of control on rock work;
OIP.vb_C9vNQin0VQhMICUEMZAHaFj
it has the color of that but it’s more of a smooth texture looking up close at it and also green hair algae grew on it when i had that problem

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It is a form of turf algae upon clearer pic. Ive been fighting this stuff in my drop off tank for 7 months. Close to gone. I dropped peroxide iin tank every night and shaded out the lights every day and pulled it by hand little by little. No snails touched it and vibrant did nothing for it

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a form of turf algae upon clearer pic. Ive been fighting this stuff in my drop off tank for 7 months. Close to gone. I dropped peroxide iin tank every night and shaded out the lights every day and pulled it by hand little by little. No snails touched it and vibrant did nothing for it
yea i dose peroxide in the tank i dose 4x the recommended dose for my tank and is yours smooth because mine looks smooth looking up close at it

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turf type algaes are a pain, i hope for your sake its not that. If it is id consider fraging off the corals that arnt on the algae areas and removing the rock before spreads. Urchins eat most algae like this but not much else will. To me it does look like red coraline in the pic but likey your the only one who can really see what's going on and make an id. Coraline isnt fuzzy so if its fuzzy and not algae growing on top of the coraline consider it a pest.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turf type algaes are a pain, i hope for your sake its not that. If it is id consider fraging off the corals that arnt on the algae areas and removing the rock before spreads. Urchins eat most algae like this but not much else will. To me it does look like red coraline in the pic but likey your the only one who can really see what's going on and make an id. Coraline isnt fuzzy so if its fuzzy and not algae growing on top of the coraline consider it a pest.
here i got a better picture of it there it is next to some actual pink coraline algae it’s flat and smooth

image.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back