So... I just came back from a week long holiday... [warning: pictures are ugly XD]

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And came back to this.
20210327_233000.jpg

XD Before I left I was setting up my autofeeder, and unfortunately the slit only allowed either underfeeding or overfeeding as I could not get it to drop just the right amount of food. So I opted for overfeeding, and needless to say without a skimmer, things was not gonna be pretty. Not that it really bothered anything though, the fish was super chill about it all and so were the corals.

20210327_234746.jpg

Ended up manually pulling out the algae. This is most of it, with a little bit I chucked into my 'fuge'. Moral of the story, fish food can grow a lot of algae.

20210327_233333.jpg

One cool thing though, was witnessing how well my mini maxi outcompeted the algae. In this pic you can see where it would normally spread out to during the day.

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh, just buy an emerald crab or something like that to get the extra bits. If you're afraid of it eating the corals go for some snails? When done with the algae you can put the crab in the fuge.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh, just buy an emerald crab or something like that to get the extra bits. If you're afraid of it eating the corals go for some snails? When done with the algae you can put the crab in the fuge.
Yeah, I have both an emerald crab and a lettuce sea slug. Oh and some nassarius snails too.

The crab seems happy and the lettuce sea slug seemed extra fat today lol. Seemed like they loved it. But still, too much algae. After I did manual cleaning there was still plenty left for them to feast on. :3

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I have both an emerald crab and a lettuce sea slug. Oh and some nassarius snails too.

The crab seems happy and the lettuce sea slug seemed extra fat today lol. Seemed like they loved it. But still, too much algae. After I did manual cleaning there was still plenty left for them to feast on. :3
Maybe some turbos, and another tiny crab that won't try the corals would be benficial? Idk what you like for cleaning crew would be fun to add for some extra life.

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got the 16hd's right, what settings you using? Only asking because I just got into setting up a 24 gallon fluval m60 I got for a good price?

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got the 16hd's right, what settings you using? Only asking because I just got into setting up a 24 gallon fluval m60 I got for a good price?
I have it ramp up starting at 8am, by 10am it hits 30/75/75/75/5/17/7/40, then goes to 38/70/70/70/9/15/10/30 by 7pm, ramping down to 32/49/7/8/0/0/0/4 by 9pm, and finally completely off at midnight.

My corals and anemone has been doing well with that so I have been keeping it as is. Some of the colors are not necessary, but just makes it more aesthetically pleasing to me.

Back