So I tink I did bad ting

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually he's the one who cut the wrong piece off of my tank to make it bow I'm fixing his mess up. I have an update I will be putting up pictures soon. But he said thanks anyway.
definitely buy a bar clamp and bring the tank edge back to flush. then use weldon and you’ll be golden, definitely use a tape measure to determine when the tank edge is back into alignment BEFORE welding the replacement brace. hell, had an old 55G grow out tank with a broken brace for years with this workaround - back when I was a broke college kid.

OP
OP
Suesea

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely buy a bar clamp and bring the tank edge back to flush. then use weldon and you’ll be golden, definitely use a tape measure to determine when the tank edge is back into alignment BEFORE welding the replacement brace. hell, had an old 55G grow out tank with a broken brace for years with this workaround - back when I was a broke college kid.
That's exactly what I did all day. I'm leaving it for the night to really harden. Here's a pic. Thanks for your vote of confidence I'm sure it will work too.
20190821_192634.jpg
20190821_192646.jpg

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's exactly what I did all day. I'm leaving it for the night to really harden. Here's a pic. Thanks for your vote of confidence I'm sure it will work too.
20190821_192634.jpg
20190821_192646.jpg
you’ll be fine. because I was poor and lazy, my clamp eventually just rusted in place, lol. it wasn’t really a display, so i didn’t care about how ghetto it looked but it worked. i’d leave that clamped for a good 4-5 days. there are plenty of online sources of guidance for how long acrylic needs to fully cure given joint thickness, etc....but it’s at least days and maybe a week or so for a full cure. also, with the clamp there you don’t even need to have the tank drained halfway - good luck and keep us posted

OP
OP
Suesea

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you’ll be fine. because I was poor and lazy, my clamp eventually just rusted in place, lol. it wasn’t really a display, so i didn’t care about how ghetto it looked but it worked. i’d leave that clamped for a good 4-5 days. there are plenty of online sources of guidance for how long acrylic needs to fully cure given joint thickness, etc....but it’s at least days and maybe a week or so for a full cure. also, with the clamp there you don’t even need to have the tank drained halfway - good luck and keep us posted
Thank you again, today I have to add more water as its evaporating fast with no lid. I have my routine test today at the hospital till 3:30 :-( I all ready can't wait to work on it some more. I will keep everyone posted. And take pics as well. Tank you

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 102 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back