So I tried cooking with seawater...

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2020
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
3,190
Location
Peace River, Alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. You know all of those cooking tips that suggest that pasta be boiled "with water as salty as the sea"? Lies! All lies! I cooked up a bunch of pasta the other day with some newly-mixed Red Sea water (and to a 1.026 SG, natch), and it was far too salty. I must say that my epicurial expectations were simply crushed. I offer my experience as today's Public Service announcement.
 
well after watching a lengthy commercial for magnesium supplements i've decided to use reef crystals on my food and iodized Mortons in my tank to help my shrimp shedding
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new