Need help with salt checking asp

So I was looking to just get the the milwaukee ma887 digital seawater refractometer the all green one I think it's the older version but I need something that can read my salt right And I don't want to not know what my salt is is that's. Good route to take by buying this milwaukee ma887 digital seawater refractometer the green one used
 
TRW, I have the Milwaukee digital refractometer, I had the older green one and I have a newer black one. I love mine, but admittedly they are not the most accurate way to measure your salinity. I also have the Tropic Marin hydrometer to double check.

If you get the Milwaukee, they make more than one version, so make sure you get the one for reefing 🙂
 
I would not trust that cheap refractometer. The most common salinity issue we see on Reef2Reef is people running their tank too low because their refractometer was reading too high. Look into the DIY calibration solution outlined by Randy HolmesFarley. If you want a new more reliable is trimmer you can’t go wrong with the Tropic Marine Hydrometer. Also, the VeeGee STX-3 is very reliable (it is what I use) and super convenient to use, but it is not cheap.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new