So... Mobius is basically the AquaIllumination app....

Coral Reef Keepers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After watching this video, it seems to me that Ecotech's Mobius app is basically the AI app. As an AI user myself I am glad to see that Ecotech is using the app design to integrate all their products. With that being said it seems to me with the new app coming out and the leak of the new G5's it seems that Ecotech is using more and more AI designs. What I find most exciting is that it looks from the video that AI products will also integrate with Mobius including Hydra, Prime and Nero 5! If you look closely, you can also see pumps named Nero 3??? Could that be a possible leak of something else new to come? Maybe a smaller cheaper Nero pump? Anyway, I just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts on this were. What are you most excited about with the new Ecotech/AI ecosystem?

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nero5, and other Nero pumps will be in the Mobius platform in the near future as well as the New AI lights.

As a user of both platforms, I'm glad to see the change in Ecotechs software design to look similar to AI. And I'm sure there is more to come after all the devices are allowed to be controlled via the Mobius platform.

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nero5, and other Nero pumps will be in the Mobius platform in the near future as well as the New AI lights.

As a user of both platforms, I'm glad to see the change in Ecotechs software design to looks similar to AI. And I'm sure there is more to come after all the devices are allowed to be controlled via the Mobius platform.
So we're looking at bringing both AI and Ecotech under one controller platform? Nice!

OP
OP
Coral Reef Keepers

Coral Reef Keepers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we're looking at bringing both AI and Ecotech under one controller platform? Nice!
That is sure what it looks like! All my lighting is AI and I have Nero's as well and I really like the AI app. Just recently though, I took a dive into the Ecotech world and got 2 MP 40's. I was looking into getting either the WXM module for Apex or a reeflink for the MP's because I missed having app control. I then stumbled across this video and saw that I may soon be able to link all my AI and Ecotech gear into one app and thought, hell yeah! So now I am going to hold off on reeflink/WXM until I know more details about Mobius!

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's the goal.

But this also holds true with the MyAI App, or at least is what has been discovered. A user on FB with software know how was able to break the code on the newest version of the MyAI has the Radions listed. So who know what will bring us in 2020!

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about time. These companies merged/bought/whatever years ago. Why not bring it all together under one unit. Waiting on my new Versa pumps right now.

OP
OP
Coral Reef Keepers

Coral Reef Keepers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about time. These companies merged/bought/whatever years ago. Why not bring it all together under one unit. Waiting on my new Versa pumps right now.
That's probably why Ecotech bought AI. AI had an edge on Ecotech with their mobile app and the ability to control their lights and flow without any "weblink" devices. They probably figured if they cant beat em, buy em out and merge everything together! Best of both worlds!

Wh00pS32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's probably why Ecotech bought AI. AI had an edge on Ecotech with their mobile app and the ability to control their lights and flow without any "weblink" devices. They probably figured if they cant beat em, buy em out and merge everything together! Best of both worlds!

Ecotech didn't buy Ai.
They merged as equal partners years ago, no money changed hands.

howme127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and just getting back into keeping saltwater tanks after a 10-year pause, are the AI equipment and Ecotech equipment working under 1 app yet? Specifically Mobius?

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and just getting back into keeping saltwater tanks after a 10-year pause, are the AI equipment and Ecotech equipment working under 1 app yet? Specifically Mobius?

Not as of yet. Currently Mobius production app only runs Ecotech and myAI for AI equiptment.

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know when I will be able to add my nero to Mobius?
We have to stop thinking that the merger between AI and Ecotech ever happened. Mobius is an AI product and as of today none of the AI products can go into Mobius.

OREGONIC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have to stop thinking that the merger between AI and Ecotech ever happened. Mobius is an AI product and as of today none of the AI products can go into Mobius.

I had watched a Mobius preview from Reefdudes on youtube and I swear he had said you could add neros when he was demoing the app for Ecotech.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had watched a Mobius preview from Reefdudes on youtube and I swear he had said you could add neros when he was demoing the app for Ecotech.

It is planned. Beta testers had theirs on Mobius with Ecotech products. It was pretty great. Right now the production Mobius app only supports Ecotech.

Back