So sad! Help in information on Midas Blenny.

  • Thread starter Thread starter jessi613
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jessi613

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Messages
32
Reaction score
53
Location
Doral
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, our Midas Blenny just died, for a days he kept going to a corner up all the way to the fish tank almost out the water to gasp but she kept then swimming happily as she usually would. I saw something off her face was a little bloated and white we fed the fish and she ate normal. I was actually googling to see what could’ve been wrong. As they are we stepped out for 10 minutes and just came back home to her being dead in the sand. Not sure what’s going on or why this could’ve happened. Has anyone had this issue or does anyone have any information. I’m scared now for my other 4 fish. I have a scopa tang, orange back angel fish and two blue green chromis. Plus the corals. I’m so saddened right now. Thank you.
 
Sad for your loss. Being a long time aquarist and working as a tech, unfortunately our fish are vulnerable to mysterious health conditions just like people. Sometimes they die and we never pinpoint the cause. Its always unsettling but often is just a random event.
I would watch your other fish and if they seem fine I would just move on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new