So this happened. 2 new lions

Yes the radiata will eat silversides, but I really only feed it very occasionally. The trick is also to get them eating enough and consistantly.
So he didn't eat tonight again. A gambusia (wild guppy) swam right in front of him. He did flare up, but didn't strike.

I put in some GC. Do you dose as the package says? 2 doses, wc, 2 doses, wc.

What are the chances he's just stressed still? He was out when I came home, but hid when I was looking at him.

Also, the water is about 25ppm salinity. I matched the shipping water. Could that be suppressing his appetite? I was going to start bringing it up slowly.
 
When I say 2 doses, I mean 2 packets. They are in a 20G. No WC in the middle, just at the end.
 
Yes I dose gc to packet directions, be aware of displacement, it is a little forgiving but you can od. Gc is usually very tolerable, but if breathing becomes erratic, you may have od'. Water change to bring down concentration. If they don't eat appropriate offered food within just a few hours, there is a problem, and they should be all over what you have offered. I have fed healthy lions while in the bag, and they immediately gulp it down. Your salinity is just slightly low and it would not be effecting their appetite, I keep my fowlrs at 26. Suppliers keep their salinity low as a trick to keep disease suppressed, when the salinity is raised the disease will explode. There can be other issues besides internal parasites, but that is the most common, and the easiest and safest to immediately deal with.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new