So threads disappear now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snprhed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted a thread asking about current pricing on a couple of zoas (no pics) and it was apparently deleted.

didnt think that happened in non rc forums

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think pricing discussion is allowed publicly on the forum because it has the potential to lead to later issues in the event of someone thinking it should be $10 and someone thinking it should be $100.

However, you can pm people and discuss pricing. If you wish to do so, I would suggest you pming a sponsor or collector on here that you are fairly familiar with to discuss pricing. Just a thought though.

Last edited:

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pricing is really an economics thing where no two sites or suppliers are going to be the same. It is really hard to try figure out where they get set and honestly can turn heated if someone comes up and says they are sold for $10 per polyp (who may not even have them) but another person has them for sale at $50 per polyp. There are many factors in pricing including if it is a hobbiest or business, pest free, mounted or unmounted, polyp quantity discounts, packaging, shipping costs... etc. Need I say more?

If you want to do a price comparison, the best way may be to just pay attention to the sites and for sale forums. You can keep track of pricing trends and figure out when to buy and from whom. I know I have an idea when certain people tend to launch awesome coral sales and hit them at that point. Many of them are either on the R2R for sale forum or one on RC...

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted a thread asking about current pricing on a couple of zoas (no pics) and it was apparently deleted.

didnt think that happened in non rc forums

Price fishing threads are not allowed so your thread was moved from view.

You're welcome to refresh your knowlege of our Terms of Service.

Terms of Service said:
Be Ethical!
Many participants have commercial interests associated with the forum topic and bring valuable information and expertise to share. With a few specific exceptions (see sponsor section), participants may not use the Forum for commercial gain.

* Participants may not post to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a sponsor account has been established and then only in areas here where advertising is expressly permitted.
* Participants may not use the main Forums to direct others to the advertising Forums.
* Participants may not send out SPAM via our Private Message system.
* Members may have only one account. If duplicate accounts are discovered, they will be deleted or consolidated.
* Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit.
* No price fishing (using threads and post to try and gain maximum monetary gain from an item for sale)
* Participants agree not to bash or talk negatively about any other community forums or BB's.
* Ebay links are not allowed in regards to promoting your own ebay sales.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back