So who’s ordered the new Apex A3 Pro all ready?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a search on neptunes fourm LLS does not work with classic. Only works with A2 and A3 apex just like trident :(
Weird... I have a fmm module working just fine with my classic, it's currently screaming that it's out of date software wise. No clue on why the LLS wouldn't work? Which would suck as I'm planning to order a 23" one for my ATO setup. May need to research more :(

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird... I have a fmm module working just fine with my classic, it's currently screaming that it's out of date software wise. No clue on why the LLS wouldn't work? Which would suck as I'm planning to order a 23" one for my ATO setup. May need to research more :(
Yea the fmm works fine I have 4 of them on my classic system. I also have an A2 system that the LLS works on but the classic does not have any option in the quick setup or option in any of the fmm to switch the port to a LLS port like the A2 does

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And none of my fmm on classic need an update unless I’m looking at this wrong. For classic I use the local connection and go to module settings and all say ok.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And none of my fmm on classic need an update unless I’m looking at this wrong. For classic I use the local connection and go to module settings and all say ok.
I may be a few versions out, so don't quote me lol. Just hooked it back up to see about the LLS compatibility. If anybody else out there with a apex classic, glance at the local and see if my version is really out of date or just needs a slight upgrade! I just took a screenshot to hopefully compare.

PXL_20220830_135239829~2.jpg

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be a few versions out, so don't quote me lol. Just hooked it back up to see about the LLS compatibility. If anybody else out there with a apex classic, glance at the local and see if my version is really out of date or just needs a slight upgrade! I just took a screenshot to hopefully compare.

PXL_20220830_135239829~2.jpg
Well your does say old so why don’t you give it an update and check if you option for LLS is added after update ?

chvvkumar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my A3 Apex Jr. Does any one know where the XML output is enabled? On my old Classic it was on the network tab but I can't find it now.

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Djordan719

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to ask because I’m sure there’s a better way to find this:
Got the A3 Pro up and running. Trying to install the ATK, but it doesn’t find the FMM module. It located the FMM module fine when setting up the LLS and Optical Leak Sensor. Do you need a separate FMM module for the ATK?

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to ask because I’m sure there’s a better way to find this:
Got the A3 Pro up and running. Trying to install the ATK, but it doesn’t find the FMM module. It located the FMM module fine when setting up the LLS and Optical Leak Sensor. Do you need a separate FMM module for the ATK?
ATK implies that you purchased the kit. This would have a FMM and the optical sensors/bracket/float/pmup/power supply all included.

Do you have the aquabus cable connected between both modules?

If you are using the integrated ports on the A3 Apex then you will need to navigate to the integrated fmm and select your sensor ports and configure them. There will not be a separate module that appears for your top off sensors. You just need to tell which sensor is what.

Djordan719

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATK implies that you purchased the kit. This would have a FMM and the optical sensors/bracket/float/pmup/power supply all included.

If you are using the integrated ports on the A3 Apex then you will need to navigate to the integrated fmm and select your sensor ports and configure them. There will not be a separate module that appears for your top off sensors. You just need to tell which sensor is what.
Got it from my buddy without the FMM. Thought it would work as the A3 has FMM integrated. These are the only options listed for the FMM inputs:

A32E7083-DB05-4BE4-B6C2-C875E10A7A79.png

Djordan719

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As I wrote my reply I think I figured it out. Brain fart and thank you.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it from my buddy without the FMM. Thought it would work as the A3 has FMM integrated. These are the only options listed for the FMM inputs:

A32E7083-DB05-4BE4-B6C2-C875E10A7A79.png
Set port 2 and port 3 to optical.
Then save the setup in the upper right (you may need to scroll up to see the orange cloud)
Then go to the dashboard (main screen)
Click on the clipboard (tasks) and select ATK and run through the prompt.

You will need to know which port is "high" and which port is "low"

Save
Good to go

Djordan719

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set port 2 and port 3 to optical.
Then save the setup in the upper right (you may need to scroll up to see the orange cloud)
Then go to the dashboard (main screen)
Click on the clipboard (tasks) and select ATK and run through the prompt.

You will need to know which port is "high" and which port is "low"

Save
Good to go
Yep, idk what I was thinking. Got it working great. Guess it was just a long day at work. I appreciate your reply

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back