So who got it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter skinz78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
21,938
Reaction score
637
Location
lovely rainy NW Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold quick, I missed it but at least I got to see the pic.... Who got it?

_cfimg-6759327426487491664.PNG


Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Tridacna squamosa
 
$1K, actually.
 
Oops! I guess I should have clicked on the link...
 
wow amazing clam wish i had the grand to drop on it some lucky buyer is very happy
 
Yeah there are a lot around now. My lfs had one really cheap as well. $250!!
 
I need to ask...why are these clams selling for so much? Is it availability? My Lfs has tricadnas and Maximas all the time for about $60. Is the Squamosa different? Or is it just that they are not readily available where you guys are located? I am in Florida and I know things are much more common around here but am thinking this is some special clam? Thx everyone for input.
 
They are not typically found in those particular colors which is the reason for the high $$$
 
Up until recently the blue squamosa hadn't been in the hobby really. There have been (per Skinz) only a handful in the last 10 years.
 
How big was it?

Which one? The one at LA was 6".

Since this one has sold I have recently purchased 4 of them, kept one sold one and traded the other two away. There is a few of them on the market right now but from what I am told they will not be available again for a long time once this batch is gone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new