OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks good. Have you had any problems with algae? How often are you doing water changes? Any fish in the future?
Sorry about the delay, some hair algae, the power heads help to control it, thinking of fish for the feces to feed corals, no water changes since day one 10/20/17. We'll see. Thanks for questions

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting foods from Germany for dendronephthya, anyone know what to use for synthetic coral mucus. Fuana Marin, no longer makes (ultra pac) synthetic coral mucus. Let me know. I have some ideas. Like to see who's listening.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really impressed and enthusiastically following this thread ...

Thinking here that you really have something there that deserves to be observed and developed ... when you offer the "algae juice" from Chaetomorpha to the carnation corals, there goes much more than the juice of the algae; also periphyton.

Perhaps the secret of the success you are getting is not only in the chosen algae but in the microflora and microfauna that it can select and maintain on its surface; also pay a little attention to this.

All factors are important: Light, temperature, circulation, nutrient levels, microbial load and its variety and even the quality of POM and DOM that conditions all of this.

Without reproducing all these conditions, it may be that someone trying to replicate your experiment does not achieve the same success and is disappointed by it.

Really, really congratulations and continue "thinking out of the box", our hobby needs a lot of it!

Best regards

Maestro, lost all corals do to a brand new ph probe(went bad in 1 week), new thread in soft corals forum. "Trying to raise Dendronephthya and Scleronephthya part1". Not the best picture. More coming

20180422_153933.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back