SoCal IM Fusion 15

I love that rock scape, you’re off to a great start!
Thank you so much. I feel like building the rock scape it one of the most anxiety producing parts of this hobby since once its glued together I'm stuck with it.
 
How do you like have a bare bottom tank? I just got my tank IM Fusion 15 yesterday I was going to put sand buy looking at yours I was wondering of your experience with it?
So far I really like it. It is the first time I have done a bare bottom tank and it has taken getting used to since now I can see all the detritus and have to resist the urge to vacuum all the time to remove it....

Another thing I have noticed and never experienced in the past is that I am having a hard time keeping a detectable levels of phosphates. I have no idea if it is bare bottom related however.
 
I got my IM Fusion 15 tank setup, I did go with a sand bottom, most of my grass have little dimples on the bottom so that way I can put them in sand.

When I cleaned out my sand on my 12" cube tank that has been running for at least 7 years, yikes the amount of crude that came out of the sand was mind boggling. Maybe after 6 months I will pull a cup of sand out every month.
 
Any updates?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new