Sodium Hydroxide and tubing concerns

  • Thread starter Thread starter reely989
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reely989

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2022
Messages
343
Reaction score
234
Location
Auburn
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm currently dosing two part with sodium hydroxide for the pH bump it gives, but after talking with some folks I'm becoming a little concerned about it eating through my tubing. I'm using a Simplicity doser at the moment, but am not opposed to change if it lets me keep dosing hydroxide. Is there any specific tubing I should be using? I'm using RO tubing at the moment. I was thinking of swapping to silicone just because of the flexibility, but I don't know that it would hold up as well. Thanks for any insight you may have!
 
Poly tubing for RO will not be affected. Silicone dosing tubes, like from Red Sea, are also chemically inert (mostly) and should also be fine. What concerns were expressed in this conversation you had with those folks?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new