Soft coral opening

JoubbieReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2026
Messages
28
Reaction score
22
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newly cycled tank for about 2 months with clowns, gramma, watchman goby, pistol and fire shrimp. Ammonia normal.

Added polyp coral and a zoa on Sunday. Both still closed. Is that normal? I’m a total saltwater newbie. On the up side my Duncan is open and happy!!



IMG_2336.jpeg

IMG_2335.jpeg

IMG_2337.jpeg
 
Some corals take longer than others to acclimate, a few days is a very short time to a coral, it could takes weeks or even months. With that said, can you share your parameters and type of lighting and what you have for flow in the tank?
 
Some corals take longer than others to acclimate, a few days is a very short time to a coral, it could takes weeks or even months. With that said, can you share your parameters and type of lighting and what have for flow in the tank?
 
I use a Red Sea reefwave 25 gyro for flow 40% with alternating wave patterns. Lighting is 2 Red Sea 60’s running at 60% 13,000k. What parameters should I check - phosphate and alkalinity?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new