Soft coral war

jamie.pullin.313

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2013
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia vs hairy mushroom no competition. The mushroom is winning hands down. Time to frag Xenia to another home I think anyone got any tips on the best way
 
Fragging a Xenia? No easy way, its almost like pulling weeds, if you don't get the stalk it will grow back there. Thats why its so hard to get it out once its taken hold in a system.
 
I try and cut the rock under the xenia. Its the only way that really works for me.
 
I don't really mind if it grows back at all I quite like it. Really I'd just like to move it. There was 2. 1 either side of a lovely looking hairy mush but the mush doubled in size and has killed 1 rite off. Impressive to see how aggressive the mushroom really is. I don't think it would stand a chance of growing back
 
Just pull it off the rock. You can't hardly kill that stuff. But be ready for some serious stink...lol
 
Thank u all for the relays I have cut it off the rock with a razor blade in the end and anchored with fishing line seems to be ok time will tell
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new