Soft plumb skimmer to skimmer pump

cybrook1421

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2021
Messages
87
Reaction score
26
Location
Kansas City
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I am starting my journey into saltwater with a 75g tank. I will have a 20 long sump. But... I have a problem. I am going to use the Figi sump baffle kit but am having trouble fitting all my equipment in. I bought a Reef Octopus Classic INT150 that just barely does not fit (12.5in skimmer with 12in wide tank). Trying to solve this problem and also have enough room for a refugium, my husband came up with the idea of soft plumbing the skimmer pump into the skimmer and then putting the skimmer pump under the filter socks to save room. We would need to cut the baffle a little, but technically it should work.

Are there any downsides to doing this? Is this even possible? I know I messed up buying the wrong size skimmer, but what's done is done and I can't return it now.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new