Sol Hal.

marcus aurelius

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
331
Reaction score
190
Location
Boise
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had this Sol Hal tang for a couple weeks. He was QT from Marie Collectors. He’s in a 125 gallon tank with the other fish I received, Achilles tang. He has been doing great eating well. Just noticed this morning. He was toward the top of the tank.

IMG_4097.jpeg
 
IMG_0084.gif
 
So I’ve had this Sol Hal tang for a couple weeks. He was QT from Marie Collectors. He’s in a 125 gallon tank with the other fish I received, Achilles tang. He has been doing great eating well. Just noticed this morning. He was toward the top of the tank.

IMG_4097.jpeg
I see marks which appear to be flukes and even though you acquire quarantined fish, do your own quarantine and assume they have something as in this case
Recommended is Prazi Pro
 
So I’ve had this Sol Hal tang for a couple weeks. He was QT from Marie Collectors. He’s in a 125 gallon tank with the other fish I received, Achilles tang. He has been doing great eating well. Just noticed this morning. He was toward the top of the tank.

IMG_4097.jpeg

Are there any other symptoms other than the diffuse white spots I can see in the photo? Is it breathing fast or not eating? Do you see it flashing or scratching on surfaces (that indicates flukes).

Could it have been battling with the Achilles? Both of those species can be really nasty, I've never kept those two species together, but I wonder if in combination, that they could be fighting?
 
They just showed up this morning. The 2 fish have been playing nice with each other. No scratching or flashing.
Eating very well.
 
Correction, just got home. A little darting around the tank. Hanging out near the top of the tank. Breathing heavy.
So I’m guessing flukes?
So the temporary tank that they are in has rock in it. But no corals. Can I treat them with ParziPro. If so what steps do I take ?

Thanks everyone for your help.
 
Looks like aggression to me. You’ll almost never see it when you’re in the room.
 
Correction, just got home. A little darting around the tank. Hanging out near the top of the tank. Breathing heavy.
So I’m guessing flukes?
So the temporary tank that they are in has rock in it. But no corals. Can I treat them with ParziPro. If so what steps do I take ?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Rapid breathing, as a general symptom, has three common causes; low dissolved oxygen, gill protozoans and gill flukes. Trouble is, it can be difficult to narrow it down further. If the tank doesn’t have good aeration bubbles, add an air stone. If both fish are affected and not eating, suspect gill protozoans - velvet. If the fish are still eating I’d opt for it being flukes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new