soldering kit

diane21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My soldering kit gets old and I need new one.
My biggest priority is small soldering pin and great quality of tool. Anybody has any recommendation...

OP
OP
D

diane21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest priority is small soldering pin and great quality of tool. Anybody has any recommendation...

Price doesn't matter I just need best professional tool in the market at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did soldering every day when I was doing custom car audio and alot of the time I was either soldering in a very confined space or soldering a very small piece of equipment "sometimes both at the same time LOL"

Do yourself a favor and order a nice one from Mac tools, Matco or Snap-on tools, I personally use a butane 1 since I needed/wanted something portable, it has numerous interchangeable tips of all shapes and sizes which is what you want for soldering small items like led's

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's expensive. I think it depends on how much you solder and plan on for the future.

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No disrespect intended, but those are pretty basic requirements to be asking for a professional tool. :)

Weller is a very good brand that I'd recommend. I have this one at home and use it to solder LED pads without issue (link). There are a number of tips that you can buy, but no hoof tip (if you don't know what that is, then it won't be an issue). The one Young Frankenstein posted is really nice, but the analog version is $80 and identical in every way except for being analog (link).

At my lab, I have access to the dual-channel digital version of what Frankenstein posted. Last time I checked, it was a $1k+ tool with the accessories on it. But with that $40 iron and some extra tips, I can do 95% of the same work. Soldering has more to do with how to do it rather than what tools you use, IMO. Hope this helps.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do just fine with a weller soldering gun, $30. The tip is kinda large, but small enough to solder led pads, and the un mounted bridgelux diodes, not to mention wires. Unless you are working on tiny components, you dont need the smallest or best soldering iron, just a steady hand, and leds are not too hard, or finicky, they are put in a 500 degree oven for reflow soldering, so they can take a little beating.

Young Frankenstein

I sniff ozone and relax.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what I am using anemone 3 guns about $ 100 but he is asking for a "great quality tool" and the digital soldering station is great quality

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one I have is the Hakko FX-888. You can't go wrong with this unit - just poke around on some of the DIY electronics forums - it's the choice of many serious solderers :) Fantastic quality, heat control is top notch, super fast recovery, and just a great all-around tool for the money. Highly recommended.

OP
OP
D

diane21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Thanks for your inputs. ryeguy please recommend a good value for money soldering ket. I really need one. My requirement is cheap and durable soldering kit. DIY product

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back