Solenoid recommendation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

njoyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers,
I am in the process for a new build.
Can you pls. Help to recommend a reliable solenoid that I can connect to GHL power bar and program it.
I am looking for simple ON/OFF function without any fancy controller..

Thanks in advance for your help...

Joy

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers,
I am in the process for a new build.
Can you pls. Help to recommend a reliable solenoid that I can connect to GHL power bar and program it.
I am looking for simple ON/OFF function without any fancy controller..

Thanks in advance for your help...

Joy

What are you wanting the solenoid to control?

OP
OP
N

njoyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will put it to ATO. I plan to connect my 200gallon RODI reservoir for ATO ( my system is 240 gallon). At the end I will have float valve, and as fail-safe I want to connect an inline solenoid that will be programmed with High level water sensor as cut off..

*Ruffian*

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean Burkert solenoid?
Why wouldn't you use your reservoir as the source for the ATO? I just did that because I got tired of running to the basement to fill up the ATO tank.

Using my MaxiDoser and works like a champ.

OP
OP
N

njoyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to use my RO reservoir for ATO with a float valve..for redundancy I will add a solenoid in the line coupled with level sensor so that if float valve is stuck open, the solenoid will close...
I will use doser ( still waiting for maxi doser to be released) for AWC from SW reservoir.

Did I understand you correctly?

*Ruffian*

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to use my RO reservoir for ATO with a float valve..for redundancy I will add a solenoid in the line coupled with level sensor so that if float valve is stuck open, the solenoid will close...
I will use doser ( still waiting for maxi doser to be released) for AWC from SW reservoir.

Did I understand you correctly?
I got it now. I have my ATO setup with two level sensors and a maximum runtime on the ATO dosing pump. This is my double le safeguard on the overflow.

Currently in the process of upgrading to a 170 from bio-cube so that may change.

CKinLA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Autoaqua solenoids appear to be the most common. Hydros are the same ones but different plug. I believe they are 12v; so you should be able to cut the plug and put it on a 12v supply to accomplish what you want.

You can search eBay too and maybe find some better ones like others have mentioned.

I ran two (hydros) in series with a float valve for backup. Solenoids are primary and float is backup. There is also a full sensor and a high level sensor for backup. I’ve got a leak detector too thats will also close the solenoids.

FF49B049-0F02-49E5-916F-E8CB38DF048A.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back