Solenoid to control CO2 scrubber

FGourdin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of installing an Apex ph controlled CO2 scrubber. CO2 levels in my "tight" house are around 1300 ppm versus 500 outdoors. For logistics reasons can't run current skimmer air intake outdoors. pH in tank 7.8 with Alk= 8.0 Has anyone had experience with a solenoid controlled air intake where valve would open to scrubber say with a ph less than 8.3 and draw room air for ph over 8.3? Can you give some details as to setting it up? Solenoid part number? ( I have looked at the Carr McMaster catalog and find it overwhelming- their customer service won't advise on specific applications!). Any help greatly appreciated.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a solenoid from Amazon, let me find it in my build threads, that worked perfectly with a Apex.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several years ago, @rkpetersen recommended this to me to control my Co2 scrubber and adding it to my skimmer to help raise my PH. I used a Apex to control it and it worked perfectly.

You can also do the same with a GHL P4, for GHL users.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back