Solution for brownish algae

MiguelSallhei

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Toronto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260204_140117_3ACB0172-DE48-4254-B00A-4B95115DCE1B.png

Hey everyone, I set this tank up about a month and half ago and I saw these green brownish things on my substrate, although i think it’s harmless how can I get rid of this and if there’s any fishes that will take care of it?
 
Pics under white light would be helpful.

Do you have any clean up crew?

Manually vacuuming will obviously remove it, but with a new tank this is probably just another portion of the uglies.
 
Pics under white light would be helpful.

Do you have any clean up crew?

Manually vacuuming will obviously remove it, but with a new tank this is probably just another portion of the uglies.
Yeah it definitely is part of the uglies, i’ll get a pic under the white light when I get chance. I only have a sandsifting goby but he’s being lazy lol
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new