Solution For When You’re in Between Two doses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in between doses on my GHL 2.1 Standalone. For instance, If I dose 8.3 ml per day of a solution, my parameters slowly drop. If I dose 8.4 ml per day, my parameters slowly increase. Since .1 ml is the smallest increment, what’s the best solution with stability in mind?

I am presently dosing automatically starting at 6:00 a.m. I was thinking maybe I could add a single (additional) dose every other day of .1. That would create less of a parameter swing. However, I don’t think you can set dosing automatically (daily) to 8.3 ml and have a .1 ml dose dispensed every other day. What are my options and how do I implement them?

Thanks,
Rick

sylvius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simplest solution would be to slightly adjust the calibration of the pump so it’ll deliver something between the two doses. However, I doubt the pump will be precise enough and you may still need to periodically adjust the dose. Hopefully you can get close enough that parameters don’t move significantly over the course of a week or two.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dilute my 2 part 5 times, the higher the volume dosed, the lowest is the impact of calibration/precision

OP
OP
R

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the input. I’d like to try and avoid diluting the solution.

Can I set a schedule that doses 8.3 ml Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun and 8.4 ml on Tues, Thurs, Sat?

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can set up different dosing schedules for different days of the week.

Have you updated to the latest firmware that allows you to dose 24x in a single day? You may be able to micro dose and keep your levels even by dosing through the night. I've found it made a huge consistency difference in my tank.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my math is correct, you want to do a dosing that between two values of your current dosing schedule. First get what you dose overall:

8.3 x 24 = 199.2
8.35 x 24 = 200.4

Why not do 200.4 / 12 does a day :) or 16.7 a dose? Or could do 200.4 / 22 or 9.1 per dose?

Just thinking outside the box :)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opps sorry saw 24 times a day what your exact dosing schedule and by how much each dose :) I will then do the same thing as above by adjusting the number of times till it gets to a value the doser can do.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With help of two virtual dosers, two timers, 3 PL program, one virtual outlet and one real doser - you can dose different over the day. You can program it (as an example) to dose 60 % during your lighting period and 40 % during the dark period

Sincerely Lasse

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your definition of stability? What amount of change over what period of time are you shooting to stay under?

How much are your parameters changing over the course of a week at the 8.3 and 8.4 ml/day?

I can't imagine there's that much of a parameter change over the course of a week with a difference of 0.7 ml. That's ~1% of what you are dosing during that week.

The solution may be to just adjust your dosing on a weekly basis. Or, dose at the lower amount then on weekly basis initiate a manually dose to get to where you want to keep your parameters at. From what you are saying that would be one manual dose a week of ~0.3-0.4 ml.

How big is your tank and what do you have for coral loading?

OP
OP
R

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can but you need to use virtual dosers, PL function, virtual socket and one real doser

Sincerely Lasse
Can I use the automatic setting and the individual setting simultaneously without all the additional equipment? So that the doser dispenses the dose under “automatically” and the dose under “individually” (through the dosing schedule menu)?

sylvius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s either automatic or scheduled. Just adding a few drops of RODI to your additives is likely your best bet. Titrate added water until you get to stability. However, I still agree with the others that “stable” is fleeting and your best bet is to aim for something that needs adjustment only rarely. Allow yourself a reasonable parameter range.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use the automatic setting and the individual setting simultaneously without all the additional equipment? So that the doser dispenses the dose under “automatically” and the dose under “individually” (through the dosing schedule menu)?
Yes - but the virtual dosers (and virtual outlet) is not equipment - they are virtual. With the last firmware - you have 32 doser programs. In this example dosing pump 18 have a real dosing pump connected. Calibrate that pump. Create a new virtual pump dosing pump 19 and program it to give x automatic dosings a day with y volume. Put in the same flow rate as in the real calibrated pump (18). Create another virtual pump (20) and program it with manual dosing and the amount you will use. You can chose if this should happens every day, special weekdays or more periodical. But the base dosing (pump 19) will work every day (if you programme it to do that) The same flow rate as 18. 19 and 20 not monitoring level and no save for chart. Create a PL 1 (1 in this example) like this - Dosing pump 19 OR Dosing pump 20. Knit this to a switch channel not used for any Power Bar or other real equipments - let us take switch channel 64. Program it function PL1.

Go back to your real pump - 18. Go down on the page till you found pump react to and chose index 64. Monitoring level and save as chart.
Now your real pump will react if either 19 or 20 is active. Use the virtual 19 for the base and virtual 20 as additive,

Sincerely Lasse

Thekitchenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using Adaptive Control, and dosing 90ml each of 2 Part set to automatic dosing at 100 doses per day, my dKh is solid at 8.9-9.1.
Sorry to resurrect a post from last year but could you share your doser settings for adaptive control (% changes etc) and deviation value on the KHD. Just trying to refine my setup as I'm getting swings of up to 0.6

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to resurrect a post from last year but could you share your doser settings for adaptive control (% changes etc) and deviation value on the KHD. Just trying to refine my setup as I'm getting swings of up to 0.6
These are the doser setting for alk.

1641900799313.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back