Some artwork I've been working on

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between tanks, and STILL crazy busy, but have been finding some time here and there getting back to my roots and working on some fine art stuff. :)
Just curious what you guys think? Still got it? Or go back to graphic design and photography? :D
Thinking of continuing the series and putting giclee prints on Etsy. ;Nailbiting
Had a print of each made on textured watercolor paper and it looks amazeballs.

Betta for Etsy.jpg Angel for Etsy.jpg Clownfish for Etsy.jpg

Last edited:

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between tanks, and STILL crazy busy, but have been finding some time here and there getting back to my roots and working on some fine art stuff. :)
Just curious what you guys think? Still got it? Or go back to graphic design and photography? :D
Thinking of continuing the series and putting giclee prints on Etsy. ;Nailbiting

Betta for Etsy.jpg Angel for Etsy.jpg Clownfish for Etsy.jpg

Definitely still got it. That’s some good work. Beta blew my mind

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

You definitely still have it - great work! All of these are very strong and I am truly impressed by the Betta (am I allowed to admit that on a reef forum? :oops:).

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks all! :D
Maybe I'll get these up on etsy or something at some point.

Any suggestions for the next one?

One thing that I noticed about your art (especially with the Betta and Clown), you really seem to excel at catching movement and interaction. For example, goby in an oyster shell, bangaii cardinal(s) and urchin, or a wrasse picking at a snail. I would challenge you to continue to focus on that space for you inspiration!

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, Googling d2mini etsy leads you to r2d2 and star wars.

Do you have a regular etsy store?

Thanks!
haha no it was just something I was thinking about with the artwork. :)

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m already stoked about the next one. What’s it going to be. I will place a request for a simple fire fish with plain live rock in the background. Or if you do birds I would also love one of a yellow collard macaw. I could put it near the cage that I house my macaw in for friendship.

@Peace River nailed it. I could not put the words to my thoughts (as usual :)) the picture flows. Does not look forced if that makes sense.

Eagerly awaiting.

Back