some cool fish pics.

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hopefully shows my skillz are improving!

IMG_7081.jpg

IMG_7071.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

IMG_7047.jpg

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7052.jpg

raymond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that harlequin is amazing that is a good quality picture, every time i see one of those fish i want to invest in a fish only tank, but i know it would never work out

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha yeah no ways fish only. that would be impossible for me....although i could have an awesome collection of angels...............

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you, i'm using a canon t1i with a standard lens with tripod. sorry i wish i could be more help, i don't know what my wife has the settings on but i just switch to macro and start firing away. BEAUTIFUL tank and collection of fish btw Marv!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you, i'm using a canon t1i with a standard lens with tripod. sorry i wish i could be more help, i don't know what my wife has the settings on but i just switch to macro and start firing away. BEAUTIFUL tank and collection of fish btw Marv!
very nice. my type of photographer. LoL. I just use all auto function as well and shoot away. I swear I'll mess with ISO, shutter speed, etc... later on.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW i have never seen a hawk fish like it almost looks like he has a beek.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the harlequin pic and did a sort of "oh snap that''s a nice pic!" but honestly, the other pics are almost better, just not of a fish with as many colors as the 'quin- Awesome pics all the way around!

mobyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice Shots! I like the anthias, they are hard to keep up with with a camera sometimes.
If I may offer a couple suggestions?
If you place a mirror on the side of the aquarium for a few moments while you are photographing the fish will react to their reflection as if there territory is being invaded. They will throw up all of their fins which will make a nice display. I have done this but I don't like to keep the mirror up too long as it does stress the fish. Also you may want to put black electrical tape over the "Canon" logo on the camera to keep the reflection out of the glass. I can see it especially in the Evansi and the Squareback Anthias image. I hope that you don't take offense they are really great shots. I just wanted to share some ideas.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice Shots! I like the anthias, they are hard to keep up with with a camera sometimes.
If I may offer a couple suggestions?
If you place a mirror on the side of the aquarium for a few moments while you are photographing the fish will react to their reflection as if there territory is being invaded. They will throw up all of their fins which will make a nice display. I have done this but I don't like to keep the mirror up too long as it does stress the fish. Also you may want to put black electrical tape over the "Canon" logo on the camera to keep the reflection out of the glass. I can see it especially in the Evansi and the Squareback Anthias image. I hope that you don't take offense they are really great shots. I just wanted to share some ideas.

none taken! i appreciate any help in my improving my pics!
skinz my harlequin never bothers any of my corals!
everyone thanks again for the kind words and advice. i really appreciate it and love taking pics of these guys! it's never ending!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back