Some diving pics from the Keys

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing the thread about harvesting in the keys, I thought I'd post a couple pics from when I went diving off of Marathon last August. Enjoy!
IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking pics. Love the last one of the Parrottfish!

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a few hundred pics, but these were a few of the ones that I thought came out decent.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a few hundred pics, but these were a few of the ones that I thought came out decent.

Great pics Swanny!! I havent been out in a while. I went with my Uncle to the Marquesas Islands a couple years ago on a fishing/snorkling trip but only had a disposable underwater camera :cry:...wish i had a better camera, we ran in soooo much cool stuff...Most of my pics were crappy. Since i got my Olympus Tough i havent been out....this really makes me wanna go. What kind of camera were you using??

I dont wanna jack your thread but could i post a few from my trip...they arent great otherwise i would start a thread :tongue:

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics Swanny!! I havent been out in a while. I went with my Uncle to the Marquesas Islands a couple years ago on a fishing/snorkling trip but only had a disposable underwater camera :cry:...wish i had a better camera, we ran in soooo much cool stuff...Most of my pics were crappy. Since i got my Olympus Tough i havent been out....this really makes me wanna go. What kind of camera were you using??

I dont wanna jack your thread but could i post a few from my trip...they arent great otherwise i would start a thread :tongue:

Pics were taken with a Canon SD960IS with the waterproof case. You're more than welcome to post any pics you have from the Keys. I'm going to gather up some pics from diving in Cozumel & Riviera Maya and I'll post those in another thread. If you have any from Mexico feel free to post in there as well!

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics were taken with a Canon SD960IS with the waterproof case. You're more than welcome to post any pics you have from the Keys. I'm going to gather up some pics from diving in Cozumel & Riviera Maya and I'll post those in another thread. If you have any from Mexico feel free to post in there as well!

Thanks man!!! None from Mexico but i think i have some from the bahamas from a cruise i took...did some snorkeling just on the private island and it was amazing!!

57970004.jpg

57970005.jpg

It was a Flame scallop but came out blurry
57970002.jpg

57970001.jpg

I ran into some CuttleFish too!!!
57970008.jpg

BUT the craziest was the Nurse Shark that decided to check us out...guy was 6+ foot and needless to say i was quite cautious around him even if they are docile...you never know!
57970016.jpg

57970013.jpg

This is what i got to see every morning and night...
P1010025-1.jpg

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i went down to the keys last year, never got to go diving out on the reefs.. =[ it was too rough for my dad's flats boat out there, so we just stopped on money key and i was able to collect some blue legs that never made it home with me.. =/ cant wait to go back, and this time im definitely diving on one of the reefs! =]

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what tread about harvesting in the keys? been a few times,went last march but i would like to read up on this thread....more harvesting? less harvesting...thet need to let us get some of those acros......

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad this is where Im going on vaction this year!Its a needed one,LOL

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice photos. I so need a vacation! I live in Central Illinois and it has been one cold winter.

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the comments everyone. I wish my hard drive hadn't crashed with my diving pics from Costa Rica. I used to have pics where we dove aside a ledge while they chummed the waters. Imagine looking up and seeing the silhouettes of a hundred hammerheads. It was quite an experience!

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the comments everyone. I wish my hard drive hadn't crashed with my diving pics from Costa Rica. I used to have pics where we dove aside a ledge while they chummed the waters. Imagine looking up and seeing the silhouettes of a hundred hammerheads. It was quite an experience!

Wooaaah i couldnt imagine seeing that...talk about freaky. Scariest thing i had happen was a 5-6 foot cuda almost in my face. I swear he gave me this look like "You wanna go"...and i was like "No Sir" and slowly back away LOL

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back