Some Midnight Fun with Feeding Scoly Collection

  • Thread starter Thread starter BillyC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2011
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
25
Location
SLC, UT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been on a scoly rampage lately! Fed em all last night so decided to snap a few iPhone pics for fun. Yes, the pics are blue and yes they are edited. But if you were come over my place at night when I only have the royal blue stunners on, it looks identical to the pics.

I tried to capture how they ball-up for a few minutes after swallowing a good meal. Let me know what you think and enjoy!

b9eb6d305f304d95dd95f4e309fbd16a_zps0b2990c6.jpg


85815f155719a568c8a6bbaafa26e555_zps6d1cdf13.jpg


5dcced25d838bec987ccce096769eca9_zps80153a46.jpg


8d972a80f02d4414424f775035533975_zps3cd07f4f.jpg


Some of the other scolys didn't photograph well so I left em out for now.
 
Love scoly feeding pics. The shapes they make to take in food are awesome. I was just looking at mine this morning before the lights came on with it's tentacles sticking out thinking I need to get some pics of it.

Great pics!


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Nice fatties you have there! :D
 
Love scoly feeding pics. The shapes they make to take in food are awesome. I was just looking at mine this morning before the lights came on with it's tentacles sticking out thinking I need to get some pics of it.

Great pics!


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Yea lets see em!

Nice fatties you have there! :D

Thanks Rev!
 
You have a really good eye for scolys! You should check out the Plutonium scoly from Reef Odyssey. I do not have a scoly collection, but that one is so amazing, radiant, and tempting.
 
Sweet......:x what kind of food you feed them ?

For right now I'm just cutting up frozen shrimp and thawing them with a few drops of fuel. I'm still gauging the max size each one can handle.

Nice for sure. Cool pics and cool scolys.

Thanks man.

You have a really good eye for scolys! You should check out the Plutonium scoly from Reef Odyssey. I do not have a scoly collection, but that one is so amazing, radiant, and tempting.

Thank you Kelby. Too bad I can't take LED pics like you can. I actually had my eye on that plutonium scoly but depleted my funds on these. I thought I loved chalices but now I'm enjoying a scoly addiction. It's amazing how much more a $500 scoly can add to your tank compared to a 1/2" $500 chalice frag!
 
Awesome pics!! Thanks for sharing!
 
Thanks everyone.

Here's another shot that is a LITTLE better during feeding.

61AAB5E8-B9B7-45C5-BE1E-6161FFA62D28-6289-000002E11D50B788_zps5e6727d0.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new