Some shots of a few really cool LPS

Brie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really cool purple and green favia. Shipped as a Dragonsoul, but not what i'd consider one.

5759897844_b2b5edb69d_b.jpg

5759897756_d22fbefdfb_o.jpg

Super pretty green and purple platygyra(?). The colors are identical to the Tyree Peace Favia, just on a Platy instead. Really cool. Looks way better in person.

5759355307_404d761ab3_b.jpg

5759355389_45d1318621_b.jpg

And an AMAZING goniopora. Never seen one like this. Two tone green and orange/gold. Needs a really cool name like Rising Pheonix or Flaming Dragon or something. lol. These pictures totally don't do it justice...

5759783835_191c2fb30d_b.jpg

5759783893_7b94683c78_b.jpg

5760327020_b940ab9962_b.jpg

5760327078_ab9dbe006f_b.jpg

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your pictures:tongue:

Im sure you could make a grain of sand look awsome in a photo!!

Nice corals and really nice pictures!

OP
OP
Brie

Brie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah right^^^^^^ haha.... I got a fancy smancy lens and my pics totally suck compared to that!!!!:cry:

lol well, its the lens I use most often... I have a tamron 90mm macro that I use but it kind of sucks for day to day photography... I hope to pick up a canon or tamron 60mm eventually.

OP
OP
Brie

Brie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brie you gotta get over to that slacker Billguys house and get some pic's of his ponies for us!

That'd be fun. Problem is I dont have a means of transportation. lol. Makes traveling hard.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice shots thanks for shareing good luck onthe goni those ultras are very hard to keep atleast for me that is

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice shots and corals! VERY NICE!

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pics, especially for with a kit lens!

FWIW, I have the Canon 60mm and its a great lens for day to day shooting, but my Tamron 90 blows it away on macro shots. The real downside I find with the Tamron is the loud AF and the extending lens that makes it tough to use the porthole.

OP
OP
Brie

Brie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pics, especially for with a kit lens!

FWIW, I have the Canon 60mm and its a great lens for day to day shooting, but my Tamron 90 blows it away on macro shots. The real downside I find with the Tamron is the loud AF and the extending lens that makes it tough to use the porthole.

Thanks. :)

The 60mm macro? I really like the quality of image i've seen from that lens... And yeah, the reason I want it is for farther away, day to day shots but with more detail then the kit 55mm lens. Wouldn't be for the super polyp macro shots. :) The 90mm Tamron is def. better for that.... It is loud though, I agree.. But I havent had a problem with the macro porthole. Doesn't even get close to touching the bottom for me, even all the way out.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. :)

The 60mm macro? I really like the quality of image i've seen from that lens... And yeah, the reason I want it is for farther away, day to day shots but with more detail then the kit 55mm lens. Wouldn't be for the super polyp macro shots. :) The 90mm Tamron is def. better for that.... It is loud though, I agree.. But I havent had a problem with the macro porthole. Doesn't even get close to touching the bottom for me, even all the way out.
I have the Canon 60mm f/2.8 macro and don't get me wrong it's a great lens, it just doesn't zoom enough for great macro shots (perfect for detailed colony shots). It's much more versatile than the Tamron for taking portraits and whatnot, though. When I bought the porthole, the extended one was out of stock, so that's probably why I have problems with the lens bottoming out. It's tough to get a good bite on the lens with the thumb screws far enough down to prevent the problem.

OP
OP
Brie

Brie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Canon 60mm f/2.8 macro and don't get me wrong it's a great lens, it just doesn't zoom enough for great macro shots (perfect for detailed colony shots). It's much more versatile than the Tamron for taking portraits and whatnot, though. When I bought the porthole, the extended one was out of stock, so that's probably why I have problems with the lens bottoming out. It's tough to get a good bite on the lens with the thumb screws far enough down to prevent the problem.

Yeah that's all I want it for. Not for actual macro. Just detailed general images.

Ah, yeah, the actual extended macro porthole is MUCH better, I haven't even tried putting the short one on the macro lens lol. That'd be a bit of a pain, i'm sure.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back