Some thing is damaging silicon

  • Thread starter Thread starter waltee1000
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

waltee1000

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2021
Messages
32
Reaction score
12
Location
Green bay
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's eating my silicon? This has happened within the last few days and is only on the side that has algae growing. I have only tangs and a blue jaw trigger that's has that size bite. No invertebrates at all. I have 2 exact same tanks with same water going through the same sump. So it's not something in the water that causing it either as it would show up on the other tank as well. I don't use a an algae scrubber or any other tool on those side panels. I have also uploaded the adjacent pannel Pic that shows clean glass with no missing silicon. This is a fish only system. Both tanks are new just 8 months old.

20240902_160538.jpg 20240902_160551.jpg 20240902_160826.jpg 20240902_160831.jpg
 
Last edited:
Believe it or not I had same problem years ago and found bristle worms were the problem
 
Believe it or not I had same problem years ago and found bristle worms were the problem
I have hyposalanity 1.009 zero invertebrates. It's not a reef. All rocks were dry or diy made.
 
Well seems like the big atlantic blue tang. It's 6 to 7 inches as big as a pig and very aggressive. I caught him nipping on the edge.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new